Monday, January 25, 2021

Monthly Goals : February 2021

I will probably say this about every month this year, but I can't believe we're nearly through the month of January! The last Monday of each month around here will be dedicated to posting upcoming monthly goals and reviewing the previous month's goals. We only set one goal in January - to see where we stood on things - and we semi-accomplished that. We listed out a lot of our debts, but I still need to get a couple of totals so we have a complete picture. We did figure out what we needed to catch up on and get straightened up, and we took care of those items! Now, let's look ahead to February! 


February Goals:

1. Make a monthly budget - last year we had some job changes, and we didn't make monthly budgets at all (that I can remember) because we were trying to get our numbers figured out. Now that we have an idea of our consistent take-home pay, we can put some numbers to paper and make a good budget!

2. Finish listing out our debts - this will help us know how to allocate things in our budget, plus it will give us an idea of how long our debt-free journey will last. It will also let us set monthly payoff goals, so look for that to happen for March!

3. Limit our dining out/coffee spending - I know that finishing our budget will help with this, but we have a problem with wanting to grab coffees from the place near our house or getting something to bring home for dinner. Not only is this bad for my weight loss goals, but it's horrible on our wallet! We need to limit both of these things to once a week...or maybe less depending on what our budget says!

4. Make at least $200 from side hustles - $200 is a step up from what I'm on track to make this month, and it feels like a challenge, especially since most of my side hustles are surveys (like Qmee, which I wrote about last week!). I'll have my final side hustle numbers (plus our January debt payoff numbers) next week, but from where we stand right now, $200 will be a bigger amount.

That's it for us for February! I want to keep our goals list short to increase our chances of success. I also know that our journey will likely be slow, but Will and I are okay with that. We'd rather do this slowly and still be able to enjoy life than to burn ourselves out and become frustrated with the entire process. That may not be everyone's preferred method, but we want to do what works for us! 

Do you have your financial goals set for February yet? If so, share them by commenting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monthly Wrap Up : January 2021

On the first Monday of each month, I plan to post our prior month's wrap up, which will include the extra money and gift cards we brough...